Georgia O'Keeffe Recipe Pt. I - Baked Chicken with Lemon - Easy














Today and tomorrow I will be doing cross-over postings.  If I am lucky, my short (and by short I mean minuscule) article about the painter Georgia O'Keeffe will appear in today's Art Round Table.  A food-related article, of course, because I'm a better judge of eats than I am of arts. 

But since recipes really belong in a food blog, my take on a couple of dishes O'Keeffe enjoyed, thanks to a book written by one of her caretakers, will be posted here.

Today's recipe is a simple baked chicken with lemon.  The original calls for a whole chicken, which I inconveniently did not have on hand.  Also, the original uses 2 lemons, one for inside the bird and one for outside. Because I used parts, all of the inside was outside, so only 1 lemon was necessary.  If you make the original, you'll need both.    

Baked Chicken with Lemon - Easy
Adapted from A Painter's Kitchen: Recipes from the Kitchen of Georgia O'keeffe
Makes 4-5 servings

1 chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut into eighths
1 lemon
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground garlic

Preheat oven to 375F.

Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a rimmed baking sheet.    Lightly spritz foil with cooking spray.  Place chicken parts in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.














Cut lemon in half; squeeze each half over chicken  Then sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and garlic.














Place chicken in oven. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is browned and juices run clear when pierced with the point of a knife.














Serve hot with your favorite veggie.














The part of O'Keeffe's chows will be played tonight by a beagle.

Comments